View Single Post
Old 20 June 2020, 11:44 PM   #28
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrist party View Post
Welp, I’m afraid that’s where this logic is sort of broken. U see, most people who have the access to source to obtain the 116500LN or some other hot sporty Rolex at MSRP, especially for the last 2 years, will not be going back and forth on this “value proposition” at all, except for some lucky bastards who literally walked into ADs and buy them straight, then congrats to them, but both you and I know what are the odds of that.[emoji849][emoji849]

For the people who has been “VIP” enough to get SS Daytona at retail, spending another 14k is just a piece of cake, the real question here is whether this Ed White is good enough for them to reach out to their credit card/credit cards[emoji23]

If you have to make a legit “value comparison” for the people who are normal watch enthusiasts who don’t have a S Class or 7 series or a Panamera in their garage, the million dollar question here should be “would you buy a 116500LN at overlist or a Ed White at MSRP?” Because if we take away the price factor, this Ed White is pretty the only Daytona rival on the market base on aspects like heritage, design, level of iconic and fan base across the globe.

Well if you happen to believe that moon landing is fake, that’s another story[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I think this is good post
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote