View Single Post
Old 23 June 2020, 01:22 AM   #52
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
unfortunately you and everyone else want some of the 5 or 6 hottest watches on the planet (BLRO, Daytona, SkyDweller, Nautilus, Aquanaut, Royal Oak, etc). you have thousands upon thousands of people wanting these watches

How do you propose ADs allocate these pieces? Essentially, they are giving you free money. I know blah blah blah you're a real watch guy and not in it for the money, etc. But the ADs need to allocate to their BEST and long time regular clients because they are the one's really paying the bills and keeping the light on.

Therefore all those pieces go to them - first. Next you have thousands of phones calls and emails, hundreds of walk-ins all wanting the same watches. Sure initially if the list is manageable and small they can have one on hand, but if the list becomes so long that given the short the waiting time is 5-10 years - then what's the point of keeping a list.

Its all about supply and demand and all about the biggest bang the AD can get to keep their business profitable:
1) big one time spenders
2) ongoing spenders who come back year after year after year and multiple times per year
3) combination of above
5) buyers every few years (like yourself)
4) one time buyers

Unfortunately 4) and 5) are at bottom of the list.

Trust me if anyone is complaining about ADs and waiting lists and bundling and VIPs ..... if you owned a AD yourself - you'd be doing the same thing to maximize profits for the long term

At the end of the day.... if you don't like what Rolex and their ADs are doing go to another brand.

No one is forcing you to buy a Rolex.

If you still want a Rolex because you think its looks good and built well and whatever else - then its on you to play the game or the hand that's dealt. Not fair, i know - but that's the way it is.
Yes this is unfortunately the reality
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote