View Single Post
Old 2 July 2020, 04:56 AM   #186
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
My next AP purchase will be in 2 years when these "price increase" models are trading for 40% off again in the used market. Just like old times. We will see how they get their clientele to spend that kind of money for a new one when that is the reality again. Market always dictates price.
I am agree with you.
AP it’s now in high demand because many customers accumulate many frustrations when they try to achieve a SS Rolex or a sport model Patek Philippe.
Unfortunately the seller of AP become very arrogant and try to copy colleagues from Patek or Rolex. I am a big fun of AP and most of my collection are AP.
I don’t know if it’s a good strategy for AP to move on from there customers and to try to force customer to buy 11.59 collection just to can have and a steel piece.
Also, to not forget that Rolex and Patek sport model sell it from long time on the second hand market with at least list price when AP till 5 month ago loose 20% in first 2 months after buy it. I know from my experience when I start to buy AP.
Even AP Jumbo the iconic Royal Oak last year was on grey market with only 5000€ more then list price.
It’s a wave now and AP try to maximize his profit and we can’t say anything because it’s a business for them for us it’s a passion.
BUT I personally if the market will set again and this wave will be gone I will buy AP only from grey market! Because I buy many watches from Boutique when I can to buy it from grey with 20% less same new unworn pieces because I remain let’s say stable and buy from my AD.(I remember when I buy my Diver 15710 from AD with 16000€ when on chrono24 are 13,5-14000€ new)
So now I discover that PP AD and Rolex AD was more fair play than my AD.
My PP AD give me the new Nautilus 5726 blue dial with no history after 9 months after they launched at Baselworld 2019.
And my Rolex AD give me a blue SkyDweller same without any history after one year. No need to buy nothing else.
This will be said I wish good luck to all of you to achieve your dreams pieces!
For me AP it’s in standby till they will come back with them foot on earth.
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote