View Single Post
Old 4 July 2020, 05:25 PM   #146
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I think this thread is in danger of forgetting that the best watches are more than the sum of their parts. The Nautilus and Aquanaut are both pieces that on the wrist are special, that is their allure, the reason they are so popular and command a premium. Enjoy the special piece you own.
basically i agree with you. there were reasons why nautilus became special pieces and where the allure came from (the genta pedigree and all that...). they are definitely design icons by now but so are the rolex submariners and GMTs....as far as the aquanauts are concerned i never understood, they were created as the cheap version of the nautilus after all and for me they still are.
now the picture has changed, there are quite a few options for luxury sport watches and for me the nautilus/aqua range has just become one contender.
btw, in terms of finishing i find my newest incoming, the omega Moonwatch apollo 11 moonshine gold version really spectacular......nothing short of PP and for rolex PM watch money.....
sorry for getting off topic a bit.
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote