View Single Post
Old 9 July 2020, 06:37 PM   #9
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM2 116680
Thats pretty cool actually, will try one out at our local boutique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
I’ve had a VC for two months now and it’s by far the nicest watch I’ve ever owned. . . . . And I’ve owned some great watches. As well as most of the Rolex models I’ve also owned a PP 5711 blue and the VC is a better watch in my view. The brushed finishing on the 5711 is sublime I admit, but that’s as far as it goes, in all other aspects the VC wins for me.

VC has one problem - it doesn’t have the image of Patek, which in turn means it doesn’t sell over RRP. Patek (like Rolex) have nailed their image in terms of desirability that everyone wants what they can’t buy. Very very clever marketing.

Whilst I say this is VC’s problem, it’s also their great attraction. They don’t need all these famous people endorsing their watches to make them great, what they get is true watch lovers buying and wearing them. If anything they are understated and go under the radar, but if you know your watches and come across one, you’ll know immediately why they are in the holy trinity. One thing I’ve noticed with my overseas - no pictures do it justice. You try one on though and you’ll know immediately.
RolexFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote