View Single Post
Old 27 July 2020, 02:34 AM   #23
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
1. don't try to be a though guy and curb your mouth mr. anonymous
2. I've been hearing this song time and time again. Same as the song about the Rolex Daytona. 30 years ago I refused to pay over list for a SS Daytona, listening to people telling me that prices would drop soon.... guess what, the never did.
3. I think that the whole discussion about the prices of these expensive toys is poisoning the hobby. Hell, even the mods on this forum agreed and closed threads like this for a while but they keep popping up.

A watch is an expensive toy, not an investment. I have been frustrated with the unavailability of some models as well but hoping that the prices will drop and starting thread nr. N* will not change anything.

Bookmark this discussion and all the other ones, come back in 6 months and let's do a retrospective. Much more interesting than this

chill out dude
I bought a SS Daytona under list as recently as 2011. Around that time the 5711 was readily available with AD rebates and no waiting time. And no, don’t move the goalposts. I don’t purport to be able to predict the future nor do I believe a Nautilus will be available for under list in 6 months either, for that matter. But in 20 years? The over/under on the 5711 being a total dog like the 5100 isn’t that clear cut. That, and the fact that denying that possibility is asinine, are the only points I’m trying to make.
IBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote