View Single Post
Old 27 July 2020, 03:26 AM   #45
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I do not think denying the possibilities is asinine which is a harsh word where opinions are involved. The market on the 5711 is strong and should remain so for the foreseeable future given the low production. As someone else said, as soon as the star fades on it , it will be discontinued. Do you ever see the white 5711 tanking? I do not. SS most likely topped already, but it may re-visit that top this year or next given the special supply interruptions. But it is a safe bet if you were lucky to have one at retail. Selling below retail, used, not likely.
The 5100 was a limited edition and it still tanked after being the hottest thing around for a while. Production numbers for Patek may be steady and small but demand and preferences are fickle. Doesn’t matter whatever Patek does or does not do in terms of production, in a longer perspective even set-in-stone facts such as SS sport watches being widely popular, PP’s position as the top brand in luxury watchmaking, or even mechanical watches still being a thing at all are subject to change. But hell, I’m sure a lot of us would be adamantly long-term bullish on complicated pocket watches if this was 1920 instead of 2020.
IBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote