View Single Post
Old 6 August 2020, 12:45 PM   #19
Bruin20
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman View Post
The problem with UN is a lack of consistency at the lower entry points... The high end line, like the Freak, is awesome. Ditto for the pieces of art that come out in limited editions. However, the sporty-casual lineup of the manufacturer lacks in my opinion.
That is what I'm starting to notice too. Was very close to buying a marine torpilleur white dial a few weeks back but something stopped me dead in my tracks when I was trying it on to purchase. I like the idea of a marine chronometer style watch and think the UN 118 is a very robust and accurate movement, but when I took the elements of the watch in isolation it became less and less appealing.

The case is simple and bowl shaped but the lugs look like someone forgot about them and slapped them on at the last second.

The dial is simple and plain which I liked but it just seemed to have text on it to make sure there wasn't any empty space and the splitting on Ulysse Nardin and Le Locle Suisse looks very awkward.

Maybe I'm just too picky and that's what is leading me towards more and more simplified watches. Maybe a blank dial Moser is in my future.
Bruin20 is offline   Reply With Quote