View Single Post
Old 10 August 2020, 05:31 PM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
So my significant other is doing a paper and decided to do it on the watch industry (my influence ��). Anyway during her research she was like ‘I thought you said Tudor made their own movements in house as well as using ETA?’ I was like ‘Yeah I think so...’”

Then she said “Well who are Kenissi and why does it say they make Tudors’s movements and that it’s a joint venture with Rolex and why does Chanel have a stake?”

So I said “Well look no offence but I spend more time on TRF than most would consider healthy and I’m sure I would have read something about it if it were true”

So anyway here’s a couple of links. Did I miss a discussion? I would have thought this would be a topic of interest....

Keen to know more about this set up

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/norqain...-tudor-chanel/

https://www.revolution.watch/hk/chan...h-manufacture/
Well in the real world it was not till around 2004 that Rolex bought out there movement manufacturer Aegler as then it was totally owned by the Borer/Aegler family.Although factory now owned by Rolex the movement side manufacturer is still managed by members of the Borer/Aegler family.And this term in-house made in the real world dont mean a lot,as over the years from some manufactures so called in-house movements were quite mediocre to many others, and in-house dont always mean its better,and firms like Seiko and ETA make everything in-house.But even today Rolex dont make everything in-house quite a few things are still out sourced by Rolex, like mainsprings, they are made by Schwab-Feller AG,movement bearing and cap jewels,watch crystals,spring-bars,and a firm called Aiguilles makes all the watch hands for all models.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote