Thread: Comex
View Single Post
Old 16 August 2020, 11:13 PM   #70
VincentG
"TRF" Member

Mr Milton, what a treasure trove of pics and info on COMEX watches, astounding collection. Here is a pic of the only COMEX watch I ever owned, I never wore the watch even once since it was still asNIB when I purchased it. I noticed you have refrained from posting caseback pics so I will as well. I am thinking you might have known the gentleman I purchased the watch from, he was the owner of an upscale shoe store in Aix-en-Provance near Marseille and he had the largest collection of COMEX I had ever seen. This watch and several like it were sold when COMEX had been bought by a Norwegian diving company, if memory serves approx 2001-2. I sold this watch which going through a divorce in 2005. On my way back to Italy (where I was living at the time) with this watch I already had buyers remorse, I had traveled there to purchase a COMEX 1665 SD which had been sold just a day or so before I arrived. Of the other watches for sale a 5514 and a 1680 neither had COMEX dials, but I really liked their patina, the 5514 inside caseback was originally marked 5513 which had lines engraved through it and 5514 engraved underneath. That is the watch I wish that I had purchased while driving home, but in the end it did not matter as I would have sold it off as well, but it was a watch I could have worn while owning it. "safe queens" were never my thing. My personal opinion of the ultimate "grail" watch would be a toss up between a 5514 and a RN 5517. Neither is in my future unless my wife wins the lottery (i don't play it) lol. Awesome collection sir, hat is off to you.
Thank you,
Vince
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comex.jpg (49.2 KB, 544 views)
File Type: jpg Comexbox.jpg (58.9 KB, 545 views)
VincentG is offline   Reply With Quote