View Single Post
Old 16 September 2020, 03:10 AM   #5
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub206 View Post
Now this, is using your brain. Thanks for the tip. Pretty easy to change yourself?
Yes; quite easy to change. My previously owned 16710N (black bezel insert) was delivered to me with a pepsi insert installed and the original black insert came with the watch. I've swapped them myself a couple of times. I think the black insert looks better for more formal occasions while the pepsi looks better for a more casual look.

I've found the only tricky part is getting the bezel back on the case without messing up the function of the "click spring" which engages the bezel's inside teeth to keep the bezel from rotating unless you want to rotate it. I'll take some photos showing how I did it and post them this afternoon.

Same watch, different bezel inserts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16710N GMT-Master II med.jpg (238.2 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg 16710N GMT-Master II with Pepsi Insert med.jpg (192.1 KB, 340 views)
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite, Seiko SSC813 quartz solar powered chronograph
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is online now   Reply With Quote