View Single Post
Old 27 September 2020, 05:20 AM   #16
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Does not sound good, of course, but I'd want all details, which I'll follow on IG.

If Michael only had the GMT re-lumed, that's fine, especially if the original re-lume job was badly done. The question is whether he tried to sell it to Stephane as an original (untouched) dial, which would surprise me a lot, for two reasons:

First, in my own experience, and in countless online comments/reviews, Michael has been above reproach. And secondly, someone as experienced as Stephane presumably would know whether the GMT had been re-lumed, whether he was informed or not.
It's a bit confusing. As to how I am interpreting the current situation, Stephane is claiming he received the watch with a "swapped dial" from Michael Morgan..

There seems to be a bit of finger pointing going on at the moment.

Another source has said that MM tried offering this watch for sale to the Asian market with unsuccessful sale, the watch ended up with Stephane.

Whether Stephane was in on it or not, it's all currently coming down to the fact that MM originally had the watch with the bad relume job and it left his possession with the enhanced relume
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote