Thread: Amusing to me.
View Single Post
Old 6 October 2020, 10:55 AM   #13
dchernikoff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
Actually I really like it! If it wasn't 42mm I'd seriously consider getting one. The Apollo 13 mission really hit me hard - I was in high-school at the time and was rivited to the TV every second I could to follow what was going on. That and I've always been a big Peanuts fan. And the technology of the moon on the back crystal, and the fun animations, are cool. This watch hits all those buttons.

Yeah, it's gimmicky. But better in my mind than all their 007 watches. At least this commemorates something real and meaningful. And I think it looks stunning -- the silver, white, and blue really look amazing.

And okay, I confess I like the cartoon names of Rolex watches too. Don't take life (or watches) too seriously -- none of us are gonna get out of it alive anyway. :-)

-Dan

Edited to add: I was going to get a YM40. Now I'm rethinking that in favor of this watch ($4K cheaper), maybe if it's slim enough the 42mm will work...
"Wear the watch, don't let the watch wear you!"
dchernikoff is offline   Reply With Quote