Thread: 5170p vs. 5170g
View Single Post
Old 30 October 2020, 08:52 PM   #17
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_tucker View Post
I'm not arguing the P isn't the better watch - it is. Some context about about me:

I have dark skin - white / gold looks better on me than black (hence the interest in a white dial). I am usually in a jumper and jeans or chinos. I wear mostly Everlane (everlane.com). I don't often wear collared shirts. I walk around in New York City and bang in to things. I don't really eat at fancy restaurants anymore; and I don't do fancy things. More often than not, it's game night with friends, dinner and a show with my lady once a month or so (non-COVID).

The P seems like the kind of watch that one wears infrequently..and I have a very small collection, so I want to wear what I do own regularly. I know it's gauche to talk about price, but this is by far the most I will have ever spent on anything (the G or the P) so I want to get regular use out of it...it's not an investment to me. Any increase in price will be affected by the fact that the watch will show wear. Seems like the kinda piece that I am gad exists, but I don't need to own personally.

@5170P-owners: how often do you wear it? And what do you wear it with? What do you NOT wear it with?
Not an owner of either but if you got the G you would regret not getting the P

Get the P and wear it as much as you like on a grey strap like the other gentleman. Wear it with pride and joy every day.. it is one of the most beautiful watches to have ever been created.
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote