View Single Post
Old 2 November 2020, 09:20 PM   #54
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Thanks for this.

So a watch / item has a MSRP of $5835, but it doesn't actually sell for that, it sells for that plus any state tax. This means that the actual price of the watch varies from state to state.

Is this correct?

This is different to the UK where prices include VAT (Value Added Tax) at 20%. If the UK advertised price is £4000, that is all you pay no matter where in the UK you buy it. If you negotiate a discount of 10%, the price drops to £3600. Because of the two different systems it's difficult to directly compare UK prices to US prices. It sounds as if there are bigger discounts to be had in the US compared to the UK. I would be amazed if an AD offered a 19% discount in the UK. I would be very surprised if a buyer could negotiate a 19% discount of an Omega at an AD. I have heard of discounts of up to about 9% at ADs but most do not like to go higher than single figures in my experience. I have always been told that there is no discounts at all at the Omega Boutiques in the UK.

Can anyone tell me how it works in Canada please?

Thanks again.
The OBs in the UK do offer a small discount for some non LE pieces as far as I know.
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote