View Single Post
Old 7 November 2020, 12:01 AM   #25
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

I love GS. I believe it’s the best value for the money! A lot of its models would go for 10x the price if it had “Swiss made” or a crown on its dial. The craftsmanship and movement are spectacular. Their dials are the best in the business imho

The issue that I have with GS is the sooooooo many models, versions, special editions and limited editions they have

While that gives people the option to pick what they like but reality is, it reduces value by increasing availability! And like it or not, that’s a HUGE driver of watches value those days. While most people buy the watch they like and want to wear, reality is, no one likes to see the value of their possessions go down.
Most GS models go down in value once you leave the boutique and that’s a killer, compared to Rolex, PP or AP where their marketing strategy is completely opposite, creating the desire/NEED to own their watches by simply making less number of models and watches, creating more demand than the supply, a simple marketing strategy that allows value to go up and giving them the luxury of over inflating prices. Compare a sub with a GS diver, you’re not getting double the watch with Rolex but you’re paying more than double the price!