View Single Post
Old 22 November 2020, 02:00 AM   #19
soicanbefree
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post

I appreciate the OP’s willingness to share and hope he can stay patient with the self-appointed arbiters of his new/old Sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As-is tradition. People take the posted serial number ranges floating out there way too seriously and immediately want to point out all the flaws / parts that weren't original too newbies trying to have a moment of joy.

Serial number ranges are at best guesses / estimates from 1 or 2 collectors who observed patterns among a lot of examples and published their guesses online.

Very little about vintage rolex is concrete or definitive and there are definitely odd edge cases / configurations that pop up.

In my case I really don't care either way. I should have used the qualifiers of maybe, possibly, or likely... for most of us our vintage watches have had many owners so unless we are the original owner its not possible to tell about the originality.

Even those watches passed down in families the children very rarely know if it was serviced or not.. sometimes even the original owners don't know about servicing or if parts were swapped they just did what their jeweler told them to do and enjoyed it..

They weren't as obsessed about the details as this community is today.

Enjoy your new watch OP.