View Single Post
Old 10 December 2020, 11:41 AM   #137
H25B
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, SD43, OP31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
Correct. If someone has $9-10k to spend, it's going to go towards a Rolex (if one is available) almost every time. This is coming from someone who collects and loves both brands. The Speedmaster Pro has not and should not ever be a direct competitor to that second tier of Rolex sport watches. The Seamaster Professional Diver 300 for all intents and purposes is every bit the equal to a Submariner technically. The price disparity comes from reputation and brand perception.

The reason I still consider my Speedmaster Professional some of the best money I ever spent was because of what I got for that dollar value. I completely understand that the Speedmaster is an icon itself which commands market share, but it's also at a lower price point than most iconic chronographs; this is why it sells. For roughly half the cost you can get an icon that competes against the Daytona, Navitimer/Chronomat, Pilot Chronograph.

This is true.

IMO, the Speedmaster Professional is the best value in luxury sport watches. Should’ve bought mine a while ago but was too busy chasing down a Rolex at retail.
H25B is offline   Reply With Quote