View Single Post
Old 11 December 2020, 03:40 AM   #51
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Well, this is why you don't see these Tiffany archive papers around, except in these few rare cases. I guess you need the power of a major auction house to make it happen.

If Tiffany ever got it together to make this a real service, it could clear up a lot of debate about these Tiffany-stamped Rolexes. Perhaps it's a newer service that's now on hiatus because of the pandemic.
Apparently the cost for accessing the archives is 1K, and even then it's not a sales receipt from Tiffany. I have never personally purchased a watch for myself. I have two watches, a quartz Seiko diver I wear all the time (From 1981 or so) that I received from my Grandparents, and my Rolex I got from my Dad (approx. 1987). 1K is better spent servicing rather than chasing windmills. It was only after joining this forum (2 years ago) that the Tiffany stamp was called out as a "special" feature. Would be nice to confirm authenticity for my kids should they ever want to sell, but at the same time, lucky for me, I think the watch is beautiful and would never part with it, if at all possible. The conversation continues but IMHO there will never be resolution to satisfy die-hard collectors. On another note, from my limited research Rolex was imprinting the dials with the Tiffany logo too.
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote