View Single Post
Old 12 December 2020, 07:55 PM   #15
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
Nothing new if they do, and it’s for sure not something to lay on Hodinkee. This has been going on forever, AP, Omega, Panerai, Patek.....even Lange. Can you imagine how peeved the folks that plonked down $100K + for a Richard Lange PLM in 2008 or 2009 were when they released another one (different dial, white gold, but significantly cheaper) 5 or 6 years later. People are still pretty annoyed.

Don’t know much, anything, about these FF as generally they are too big for my wrist.
Hey Jay! Oh yeah, I get the game. Still disappointing to those of us who bought the MILSPEC. You'd think all brands would try to respect their fans and collectors, but it turns out it's okay to dilute "special" watches to chase a quick buck. Same as it ever was. I don't blame Hodinkee, as all they do now is chase the quick buck, but I had hoped for more from Blancpain.

And who knows, perhaps this will be something radically different than I am thinking, but the humidity indicator leads me to believe not. Time will tell.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote