View Single Post
Old 14 December 2020, 12:50 AM   #36
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Best; Concept 2 rower and bike. I have used them most days.

Worst; Concept 2 rower and bike. I'm knackered.
After I looked up what knackered meant, to be sure it meant what I thought it meant, I can say I totally agree. I am absolutely getting a concept rower in 2021 when I renovate my home gym. We have several at my work gym. I’m constantly comparing my 500 meters to the Texas Department of Public Safety standards, and I’m constantly being humbled. I have no idea what goes on in Texas, but Texans must be rowing out of the womb. It’s the most motivating and, at the same time, demoralizing piece of equipment I’ve ever used.

My best purchase was a new bicycle this year. Both the booger eaters learned to ride their bikes this year and we started doing a lot of rides on trails that were not fun on my road bike, so I bought a bike to use with the kids. Picked up a Specialized Sirrus X4. I’m glad I did. This bike is so much more fun to ride than my road bike. And much better exercise when I’m riding without the kids. Borrowed photo because I didn’t take a picture of mine.

9E50DFE2-8808-45EC-B532-A5F9CD4702E4.jpeg

Worst was I bought three GoRucks this year and only needed two of them. I bought a large goruck2, large goruck1 and large Rucker. The gruck1 was completely redundant to the Rucker as far as needs go and I have other bags I use before it for other stuff. I bought all three at the same time because I wanted to get all three when they were still made in America.
The other two are great. I use the 2 for travel and I have a ruck it 30 pound weight in the Rucker that I use multiple times a week for long walks but I never touch the 1; I wasted $325+ on something I didn’t need, don’t use and they still sell the USA versions.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote