Thread: Help me Decide
View Single Post
Old 25 December 2020, 12:06 PM   #21
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
Your pics of your 5370p has always enticed me to go the 001 route as opposed to the newer version. You always capture it perfectly in the light. I agree with you 100% that the secondary price does not reflect the true elegance of the 5370p. If I am not allocated one of the 5370-011’s I will look at purchasing a 001.

Thank you all for the comments. The platona is certainly a stunning watch (that I’ve only had the pleasure of seeing in photos) but I feel it will be more accessible in the future than sourcing a 5170p. Nor do I see the 116506 trading significantly higher than retail while the 5170p has more room to appreciate.

So now comes another question. An AD I know of has a used 5170p currently. I viewed it back in September but held off. I reached out again today and it is still available (I believe it has been sitting for quite some time now). So my question for you all is what do you think this is worth in its current condition? I apologize for the lack of quality photos, I can not upload the video of it and had to resort to screenshots. (I am also doing this from my phone.) I will not give my opinion as I want unbiased opinions. There asking price is $77.5. Another member posted a 5170p incoming two weeks ago or which he purchased unworn for $79. Now, let’s hear your thoughts on value!

I say go for it, a couple grand should not keep someone from their dream watch at this level so price is this scenario is irrelevant, deal seems fine and you know what you want.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote