View Single Post
Old 4 January 2021, 08:51 AM   #170
Richard Carver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
I think the concept your failing to grasp here is that without proof, everything you've said is nothing but your beliefs either. and you expect me to believe that your beliefs are truth without backing up any of your claims.

it's well known Rolex won't service modified or aftermarket parts on their watches.
it's fraud/illegal to stamp Tiffany & co if it wasn't done by an authorized retailer.
Rolex servicing illegally stamped watches versus changing dials seems pretty logical. Why would this be the only modification they allow people to do to their watch?(other than caseback inscriptions which have been commonplace on watches back to the 1700's from what i've seen)

my beliefs would have no effect on the grey market. The grey market has to do with new goods purchased from a retailer, sold at either a discount or in modern times for profit. how Tiffany and Co dispersed their product after arrival to their facilities is irrelevant to this conversation entirely.
Proof? How about 30 years of it never happening? No one has ever complained Rolex wouldn't service their Tiffany stamped watch and no one has stepped forward with an estimate refusing to service a Tiffany stamped watch.

The danger you present is the likelihood of another noob like you believing what you have repeatedly stated and paying a big premium for a Rolex serviced watch with a Tiffany stamped dial that may even have been placed in the watch after the service, no way to tell.

It would be hilarious if you got sued every year or so by someone who believed you until he tried to sell his "Rolex approved Tiffany dial" because of your adamant assurances throughout this thread. ;)

Good luck. :)
Richard Carver is offline   Reply With Quote