View Single Post
Old 13 January 2021, 11:59 PM   #101
rolexest
Banned

Watch: ya gunna do
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyedguy View Post
Here are my two cents take them for what they are worth. Whether or not this piece is for you depends on a few different factors. Age, financial stage, and where you are in your watch collecting journey. Take me for instance, I'm a 37 year old business owner with four swiss watches in my collection currently. None of my watches cost over 6000 usd and none are special editions however, they all fill a niche and I wear all of them regularly. Looking forward to the next ten years of watch collecting I will be better suited to make my selections slower and more carefully, going after the harder to get pieces that satisfy the missing parts of my collection. Since I do not currently own a speedmaster, the 321 checks all those boxes perfectly. Last Saturday I stopped by my AD and dropped off a watch for service and had a quite enjoyable conversation about a few new pieces, rolex, and speedmasters. He informed me that he put my name on this list for this watch as soon as it came out and was excited that I had finally shown interest in the speedmaster. With where I am at in watch collecting I need to go after the heavy hitters from here on out. I've only got one life, these things take years to acquire so as I approach my 40's I have to be more selective about what I buy and choose to own and would happily take an Omega speedmaster 321 home in an instant, even if I did have to push owning a daytona back a few years. Now would I pay full price up front? That all depends on whether or not I trust my AD. Which I do. So I would choose A.
I like your thinking
rolexest is offline   Reply With Quote