View Single Post
Old 19 January 2021, 05:43 AM   #10
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
Thanks for the insight, I am looking at that exact watch with a black dial. They are very nice. Probably one of my favorites. The Omega's are very nice as well. But I'm kinda liking the Breitling a little more myself. Love the day/ date.
The A13340 is such a nice piece! There are certainly traits of the Breitling I prefer. For me this watch has a story behind it because many years ago, back in 2010 I wanted one of these SO bad. Reasonably priced pre-owned watches from a very well known brand took my focus away.

Since the aforementioned brand changed and lost my interest it opened window of opportunity. I went all out collecting for the past year and have to say that some reputable eBay sellers in Japan had some great deals on these with the Pro II bracelet like mine. Breitling confirmed it was serviced two years ago when I provided the serial number over the phone with Breitling Canada. Quite the contrast to my experience with Omega / Swatch for gathering info on a pre-owned piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoy17 View Post
Congrats. Maybe diversify alittle. So many great models.
That's one heck of a collection, Nik! I'm kicking myself for not focusing on this brand from years ago. I remember some watches 10 years ago could be had for some very attractive prices. The variety offered by this brand is incredible, especially for the discontinued watches.

I remember a fellow watch enthusiast told me this downtown Toronto one day. Never have I understood the true quality and versatility of Breitling until mine landed. The finishing is impeccable and so much more.

Also, I seem to recall Jerry Seinfeld being a Breitling fan for some reason.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote