View Single Post
Old 21 January 2021, 02:03 AM   #135
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
So same jewels, ok. Same qty of parts, now that is interesting. Wonder what parts were added after they removed hacking seconds? Really need to see a video of the swapped movement being disassembled as that would be excellent.

One of the reasons i got the Bvlgari Octo Finissimo S is due to word-of-mouth recommendation PLUS seeing the below web page on the movement. It proved how truly amazing Bvlgari did with their world-record ultra-thin movement, and for only $12,000 with a very impressive bracelet too!

https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/d...ulgari-ceramic

Panerai should at least do what the above link does, yet a video would be great. Let's hope Panerai posts something today or tomorrow. If not, am sure someone, somewhere, will be taking their timepiece to a trusted watchmaker to show everyone the details. Imagine the hits count of that video! Especially if you have luxury timepiece journalist friends who will help 'break the news' and send like-minded luxury timepiece readers to your video. Opportunity!

Am sure Panerai would rather do it than finding out someone else did it. At this point, they need to tightly control information release to keep a high-quality narrative alive. Am still hoping for the best. A new movement with higher durability and longevity, plus needing less lubricant / etc, would be an excellent move forward by Panerai. Maybe they were just 'soft launching' a new movement to 'field test' it?
Ha, You caught that too? I don’t know if Panerai thinks they have a bunch of dumb jewelry buyers on their hands but the WIS/Paneristi’s ain’t gonna over look those pesky details. Movements and design is actually important to us.

Thinking out loud, my mind keeps thinking this new Gen 2 P.9010 is NOT the same in-house movement as the Gen 1 but a Richmond clone. At this point in time with the data we have, that is the most plausible reasoning to all this. As mentioned a few pages back, you don’t just remove a feature from a already well-established, reliable movement years after being introduced to save money as it would cost more to implement the change in manufacturing. Only a new movement designed to not hack would be more economical.

I am seriously thinking on buying a preowned Carbotech Submersible to go with my Pam 661 while I can still get the gen 1 movement.
Mystro is online now   Reply With Quote