View Single Post
Old 25 January 2021, 02:44 AM   #64
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdweller View Post
OP - there are PLENTY of strong opinions here on to you spend YOUR $$$ or what to do with YOUR watches. Yes, you asked for advice but in the end it only matters what YOU think. It’s YOUR $$$.

Most of the anger here on TRF comes from the supply/demand problem that ADs have to deal with and “flippers” that don’t really care about wearing the watches. The enthusiasts here on TRF actually want to wear hot pieces but are mostly powerless to get one or can’t/don’t want to pay the massive premiums.

That said, you’ve been given a “gift” from Rolex and if you don’t want it, sell it and find something else that sings to you.
Oh there are plenty of flippers on here, don’t be fooled. Every gray on here is a flipper. The self righteous comments of “just let someone else get it” are just plain ignorant. Given the opportunity to literally make $9k within minutes is plain stupid if you don’t take that opportunity. Grays do it all the time and all they get is praise around these parts. For this guy to do it is right on and he should absolutely go for it. I tell you what I am on the list for a white Daytona. Have been for years. I can tell you right now that when I get the call, that watch will be for sale the next day. I will take all the flaming in the world but to make that kind of stupid money, I’m in. The watch isn’t worth that to me and if someone wants to give me $29k for a $11k watch it is theirs.