View Single Post
Old 29 January 2021, 07:32 AM   #62
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Yeah, I asked in another thread about the purpose of options in the market, and I get that hedging with options has the potential to reduce overall risk. This gets capital to companies that are unlikely to succeed but have potential huge upside. That's fantastic.

I'm still trying to figure out how shorting stocks can ever be beneficial enough to the market as a whole when a situation like this can arise. Unlimited potential loss means you are theoretically playing with money you may not have in the future every time you short.

I'm not rooting for a market melt-down. But I wouldn't mind seeing some of these more aggressive funds go under, if anything to offer a lesson that you can fail even if you have friends in high places.
Your answer from Papa Elon. Melvin tried to wipe him out multiple times. The greatest entrepreneur of our time. He could be the one holding GME up. He loves video games and hates Melvin. It makes perfect sense since he was on the WSB discord for sure. (Pure Speculation)
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (27.3 KB, 286 views)
asloper6001 is offline   Reply With Quote