View Single Post
Old 19 February 2021, 12:12 AM   #6
kentrifle
"TRF" Member

Within my pen collection, nearly everything gets filled with black ink. When I was first introduced to fountain pens 40 years ago, black was considered to be the professional and formal standard. When I bought my first house, of course I wanted to sign contracts and closing documents with my favorite pen; but the lawyer insisted that I use a blue pen, which they supplied in a plastic ballpoint format for security and anti-copying reasons. So I keep my Waterman Le Man 100 loaded with blue for certain such needs. I got into collecting American colonial documents over the years and have dedicated my orange Duofold Centennial to a nice dark brown ink for formal writing to friends and fellow document aficionados for an 18th century flair on laid cotton paper.
I'm not a fan of changing ink colors in a pen, but rather devoting a particular pen to a specific color and use.
Having a 3-piece set with a rollerball in a contrasting ink color to the fountain pen and a pencil seems to make a perfect combination for me. That's one reason why I find Montblanc's Writer's series such a compelling investment.
kentrifle is offline   Reply With Quote