View Single Post
Old 24 February 2021, 01:15 PM   #32
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
The Lion is never on the dial with the logo and text, only on the back, although maybe you don't want anything on the back either.

Many of the criticisms in this thread would apply to almost every watch brand, and as noted, Rolex often has far more text on their dials. (My 1665 Sea-Dweller has a whopping eight lines on the dial, including the crown logo.)

As for thickness, GS is really no different than other brands, with a variety of thicknesses on different models. And the OP's GMT is still thinner than the classic 16600 Sea-Dweller (15mm), and the modern SDs and DSs are even thicker.

Here's my SBGK005 at only 11.6mm thick, and a very minimalist dial. Not trying to sell the brand because much of this is subjective, but GS does offer a great variety that addresses most of these individual complaints.

Others already said it, but yea it needs to be a like to like comparison.

Pepsi/Batman is 12mm thick with a rotating bezel and GMT complication. SBGE257 is 14.7mm thick with a gmt complication and fixed bezel. SBGJ237 is 14.4mm thick with GMT and rotating bezel.

The SD is better compared to the SLGA001, which has 600m water resistance and is 16mm thick whereas the SD is almost 18mm thick.

GS dress watches and their 3 hand watches it’s definitely much closer, though still a tad on the thicker side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote