View Single Post
Old 25 February 2021, 01:57 PM   #50
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
Not to become a GS bashing thread. I love GS and they make fantastic watches and offer a lot that other watch brands don’t.

The level of quality and craftsmanship is unreal to me compared to similarly priced watches. The Zaratsu polishing, the depth of dials, the multi-faceted indices and hour/minute hand, and of course Spring Drive that is decades ahead of any other movement in the world (my opinion).

And yes thicker + bigger diameter watches can certainly be a preference. Same with non-tapered bracelets. But don’t think there’s any case or argument that their watches are on the thick side when it comes to specs. That’s just a fact. If you take a look at all their watches and figure out the average thickness by complication/feature, GS will be in the 1-3mm thicker compared to other brands. Most people do not prefer thicker watches. I’m one of those people.
Shhhhh. You're not allowed to state that undeniable fact here without people clutching their zaratsu polished pearls and fainting.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote