View Single Post
Old 10 March 2021, 12:56 AM   #52
Eingram141
"TRF" Member

There will always be people who want a watch that isnt Rolex, in that price range. Grand Seiko makes a fantastic claim to that space AND also happen to please non Rolex fan boys and girls. With Grand Seiko fans they absolutely adore the finishing, intricate dials, movement detail, and many other over-the-top hand done quality flurishes. And thats fine, if you value those things then GS is the watch for you and Rolex certainly does come in second place. But what those people dont value, that we do, is how Rolex still makes purpose built tool watches out of their luxury products. Water resistance that we feel confident is understated. No GS fans talk about how Zaratsu polishing will look after its been worn hard for 3 years or how they took their GMT scuba diving on their last vacation.
Personally GS are very nice but they still havent made one that is "just right" to my eyes. Even the old ones. If I had to buy a GS today, it would be hard to pick one. If I had to buy a Rolex today, It would be hard to narrow down to just one. And also I am not looking to own a luxury watch that I feel is more delicate than a Rolex or Omega, which I currently feel GS is.