View Single Post
Old 15 March 2021, 10:47 AM   #957
Tritto
"TRF" Member

Well that's a shame.

I have spoken to Glenn on the phone and I've spoken several times to a watchmaker that I have a long relationship with in the same city as Glenn's watchmaker. My watchmaker has confirmed the behaviour of Glenn's watchmaker and that the local community (as well as the national industry association) have attempted to intervene to get him to resolve a number of issues before his reputation is damaged beyond repair.
The difficulties Glenn has experienced with the watchmaker in are not unique - there are others experiencing the exact same delaying, deceptive, and evasive behaviour.
Glenn has attempted to give him the benefit of the doubt and hasn't named and shamed him. I think I would have done so long ago, but Glenn has shown remarkable patience.
Obviously, I can't speak to why he has been banned, but I suspect it's a result of his responding in kind to some of those who have question his integrity on this thread.

Should Glenn want someone to update the thread with the final outcome then I'm sure one of us Aussies can do it (assuming the thread isn't locked in the meantime).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk