View Single Post
Old 18 March 2021, 03:13 AM   #82
Watchcollectables
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyyopomps View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but why do so few people offer this type of service? My local jewelers say its too complex, but with the correct tools it seems more time consuming than difficult and certainly less complex than digging into the case..

Does it affect value since you cannot get Rolex pins? I'm new to the community and it really appears that band stretch has significant impact on resale value, so why aren`t more doing it?
In reality its not as simple as just replacing pins . the bracelets that are very stretched, and they are a big percentage of the ones that get sent in to us , TWD UK , will not come out without snapping, they can be a hairs width , the remains need to be carefully drilled out trying extremely hard to leave the correct hole to insert another new pin . After drilling the hole left is normally larger than the correct size pin so remedial work has to be done . Sometimes rust eats into the area surrounding the pin and the whole link piece can crack from within once a new stronger pin is inserted . Again another headache that has to be addressed .
This also affects the Oyster bracelets . Less worn bracelets are easier to do but you should have decent machinery backup to correct mistakes and breakages etc otherwise you have a problem!
Watchcollectables is offline   Reply With Quote