View Single Post
Old 27 March 2021, 02:53 PM   #1
-h2n-
"TRF" Member

Buying from AD... Feedback and latest experience

Hey guys, I recently made a first purchase at an AD. A green 7300v for my wife's bday/anniversary gift at full retail and she loves it so far.

Went back down to the AD last night after dinner to enquire about the possibility of my next piece either a 5712r or 5980r. Was told they don't accept waiting list or even have a priority list (not really surprised). Instead they apparently just pop whatever stock they own in the window/display cabinet and just sell to whoever walks in off the street (wtf?!)

I find this very hard to believe. In fact I'm convinced it's just their standard line given to any random Joe who walks in off the street to enquire about a sport model. Dissapointed that after recently making a purchase (and also bringing in a buddy who also picked up a blue 7300v for his wife too) I was treated just the same as someone with no purchase history at all :( I'm fairly certain there are certain 'special' clients being prioritised the desirable pieces.

Any thoughts or feedback on this? What route do we have to pick up a sport model at the boutique? Just throw money at the boutique until we crossover the unspoken spending threshold? The guy I spoke to was a senior sales advisor and I also spoke to the boutique manager too. I know we can just go grab the watch on resale anytime but I want my name on the papers and patek to know me as a customer and to start building that relationship (I've already bought plenty of watches from my reliable network of grey dealers and want to move on to building purchase history at dealerships/boutiques).

Or shall I just resign myself to the grey market? #notworthy

I live in Singapore by the way...
-h2n- is offline   Reply With Quote