View Single Post
Old 2 April 2021, 02:06 PM   #6
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
So, policies like these are actually somewhat clever- when there's an obvious tire-kicker, it's easy for the management to lean on said policy to have an excuse to kick them out, full stop. In their place, I'd implement a similar policy.

That said, from the (very) little experience I have in sales/serving others, I know the mark of a top-rate establishment is to exercise a little discretion and yield a little flexibility. An otherwise reasonable, deserving customer shouldn't be made to feel like just another person in a crowd; if your side of the story is an accurate depiction of what occurred, then yeah, it seems like the shop wasted an opportunity to bring in another client.

It's 4:15pm and there's another 45 minutes until closing. I think the sales associated could have managed to point out that they don't really show more than 2 watches an appointment, but she'd be happy to show you an additional two as you weren't aware of the rule. That's called accommodation, and it's an essential part of a luxury brand.