View Single Post
Old 2 May 2021, 03:20 AM   #1
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

First Panerai - What to consider?

What makes a better first Panerai for someone who likes simple watches, has never owned a Panerai ( but seems weirdly obsessed all of a sudden ) and is looking for a good travel companion - a watch like the classic 8-day base Luminor 914 or a the 42mm steel bezeled Submersible 973?

I'm FINALLY planning on visiting the Panerai AD next week and wondering what to try on in person. ( Visiting Omega too, as I'm still considering a 300M as well). My first real time out of the house for something fun!

Recap: For this next watch, I like something that can come to a resort or vacation and be with me all day, pool or not. I don't actually intend to dive in it, but I'd like to know that I could. I have a flat 6.8" wrist, but wear a speedmaster very comfortably.

Would the Submersible be a bad first Panerai choice? Should I focus on the more traditional Luminor, like the 914? Has anyone here owned either as well as the Omega SMP? Other models to focus on?

Advice ?

( BTW: Thanks to everyone who has a been answering my posts as I've culled down my too large list of too many brands as I think about this next purchase. )
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote