View Single Post
Old 3 May 2021, 07:28 PM   #73
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
I'll try to clear it up for you.

I'm asking how people here choose ADs that they can trust, to help them build/grow their collections. The two local (to me) Rolex/Patek Philippe ADs have developed a notoriety and reputation for sleazy antics and general malfeasance, even among their own loyal customers. I don't intend to make this thread into a "rant" against some ADs (there seems to be no shortage of such posts), so I framed the question into "how does one find a good Patek AD?" I figured many could benefit from that discussion.

A few entries after my original post, I also asked whether it makes sense to buy from the AD altogether, given significant depreciation of whatever's in the showcase, and I mentioned the 5711 for the sake of argument to show that even if one were to buy a 5711, it would be surprisingly cheaper to do so on the secondary market.

If you're asking me what I wish to buy, the answer is easy: I really like the 5196P, despite (what I feel are) a couple shortcomings- and I also really like the 5212A Weekly Calendar. If I were buy the former through an authorized retailer, I would hope that the dealer would look out for me once a 5212A comes along. Current practices at the ADs local to me suggest that they might not.
Have you said where you live? You might get some recommendations based on personal experience if we know where you are based.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote