View Single Post
Old 4 May 2021, 03:03 AM   #20
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Sadly, you have been cheated !!! Hope you will take all measures to chase this crook but highly unlikely you will get a dime back . Too bad you didn’t protect yourself by paying w CC - hope others will learn from your mistake- sorry for your loss - here is what I sent to Paul who only a thousand
Ps as a seller of course you would , IMO just as nuts as a seller expecting buyer to send a box of 100 dollar bills ( a wire to them) with NO chance of recourse . I don’t know the facts in what happened w you but had you used AMX to pay they immediately will reverse charges . Anyhow I have purchased many timepieces and sold a few but if seller won’t accept AMX , I will simply say no thanks and look elsewhere.
My best example is I purchased a PP timepiece from a well known reputable seller ( buy the seller ) , paid over $60, 000 . Timepiece was missing extra solid gold back. I called them and told them - they said give us 2 weeks and we will get it to you. I said great I will call AMX and dispute $6000 of the charge til I receive it . A miraculous thing happened, the next day they overnighted the missing gold back ! Maybe it was an unintentional mistake , I don’t know or care , but I can assure you , had I sent a wire, I might never have gotten gold back . As a buyer you Must protect yourself , period ! Paul do what you want but all I can tell you is you are out a thousand bucks ( cheap lesson) , like sooo many others who thought they should trust a seller ( they checked out , ha!) and sent them fund with NO recourse. Could have been avoided simply by using AMX ( if you don’t like pay pal , fine) . Look at virtually every buyer who got taken by a seller on this site, show me one who couldn’t have avoided disaster by following this rule , period . Sorry , for me, I don’t play Russian Roulette with my hard earned funds . Sorry for your loss , thanks for response .james in San Antonio Tx.:-)

Where's the sellers protection for chargebacks? There is zero chance I'd sell you a watch on your Amex. You don't have to reply to me but just think about it from both sides. On a private transaction it cannot be made risk free so references matter.