View Single Post
Old 4 May 2021, 11:05 AM   #17
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
Why the hate on 42mm? Curious? There just as much a Panerai as any other model. 100% Panerai including the movement. Kinda like a 36 DJ is not worthy of the name, you have to get the 41mm?

I think there is something to understanding the main thrust of the watch's DNA - so I get it. IN the meantime, looking back at the Egyptian divers - these 42mms look so much like the original, it personally wouldn't stop me from buying it is that's the size that worked for me. Case in point, it appears to be all over the boards that Panerai is about to launch a white ( Bianco ) 42mm submersible. A white watch tends to wear larger - it could easily change the calculation of what size to go for....

Though, I think the advice of being open to bigger sizes makes a lot of sense to me. It's part of the fun. See if you really can go to 44/5mm on a luminor . Really buy something very different.

Contacted the AD I plan on visiting - they have a big supply. They sent me a few wrists shots from of the another luminor, but I'm not sure of it's model, the 42mm Submersible , and an Omega 300M - it looked to me like submersible would work for me at 42mm - no questions. The trick will be to take that and push it up a bit in size and see. I'm using the Speedy as a reference.
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote