View Single Post
Old 3 May 2009, 07:55 AM   #57
Gentleman8
"TRF" Member

There are several ways to do this.

On most keyboards you are able by physically disable a key by removing it and either breaking or shortening the plastic plunger, or destroying the physical contact underneath it. Of course this is a one-way modification. I have done that some time ago for the "Windows" key.

If you have a "smart" keyboard using the IntelliType driver you can remap the keys from Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Key mapping. Most keyboards are NOT smart keyboards.

Download and run the Microsoft utility called "remapkey.exe". Even though this utility is available on the MS website under "Microsoft Server 2003" it does work for Windows XP. No idea about Vista though.

If you are knowledgeable with computers you can just disable it by editing the registry. This is the fastest way but you may potentially render your PC useless if you make a mistake, so I won't elaborate on this...

One question I have is WHY hitting the <esc> key erases the content of the message box. This is not a desirable behaviour. It introduces potential problems (deleting one's message) and provides no benefit. I would suggest a TR to vBulletin.