View Single Post
Old 16 May 2021, 11:13 PM   #12
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexstella View Post
Couldn’t agree more about this stainless AC. The watch is confused - is it a sport watch ? Is it an elegant calendar with moonphase? Look at this bracelet - it’s horrific. I don’t know why Patek need to do this...
The main thing I don’t understand with the steel AC is that they attempted the same concept with the bracelet for the 5960 and that was poorly received. Patek is hell bent on doing the same thing but expecting a different results.

Regarding hits and misses, I think generally all brands go through that though. AP with their recent black panther, Rolex with the Cellini, Richard Mille with the Stallone RM25-01. It would be unfair to single out PP when this year they have more hits than misses.

Generally their line up is fairly decent. Even with Calatrava there is the 5196P which is heavily inspired by the 570. The 6000, 6006 and the 6007 are good examples of well-designed calatravas. In the annual calendar there’s 5205, 5905. The 5172 is AMAZING! Probably the single Patek I’m in love with right now and the only one I hope to get sooner. Great throwback to the 1463 in steel. In terms of Perpetual Calendar there’s a progression from the 1518, 2499, 5004, 5970 and the 5270. So generally the backbone of the collection isn’t too bad.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote