View Single Post
Old 19 June 2021, 12:02 PM   #18
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw99 View Post
Thank you.

The purple color is much less noticeable in-person than the blue dial, which is a true blue even under indirect room lighting, and looks awesome.

I would describe the purple dial as a deep plumb or even as a black with a hint of purple. Unless under direct light, it seems like a black laquered dial. The images on the AP site are, to my eyes, not at all what the purple dial is like in real life. Perhaps the stock purple strap would make the purple dial pop a bit more. At first, I was a bit bummed and perplexed and then I realized that even though a true purple dial is cool, I would probably tire quickly if it were a truly purple watch. In the end, I am glad it is the way it is. I wore it out this past weekend and a couple of friends agree had similar opinions re: the in-person color.

Your eyes may differ and hopefully this post of mine is helpful to anyone thinking about getting it.

Here are a few more photos...

Thank you.

Yup it’s stunning. Really like the combo of purple dial, gold case, and the strap you have it on looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote