View Single Post
Old 7 May 2009, 01:29 PM   #82
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Icon3 huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYogi View Post
This is why I always like to us US Postal Money orders.

Bank transfers, regular money orders etc etc it is a federal crime BUT who is going to investigate it? Local authorities are out as its across state lines, it goes to the FBI and they do not have the time or man power to investigate something like this unless the person has MANY cases against them.

US Postal Money Orders are also a Federal Crime BUT they are investigated my the US Postmasters (yes, they are real Law Enforcement and carry guns) and they really are not that busy. Their main concern is mail theft so they shadow mail trucks quite often so when something like this comes up they love to get it cleared up and prosecute.

I speak from experience, I have had issues with regular money orders, paypal, bank transfers and US Postal MO's and the US Postal service was quickest and easiest to resolve the issue with.
This is GREAT information...I'd love to hear you share some generic details about how it was "resolved" in a separate post? (or PM if you don't wanna broadcast)... Would love to hear how a scammer got busted as too often, that is not the case!

Guess I need to read up on the Audi 5000...off to Wiki ("I read it on the internet, so it must be true!)!

to all! --Paul

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald