View Single Post
Old 9 July 2021, 01:52 AM   #114
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwatchguy View Post
Is the 5172 case the same as 5320 (with pushers of course) ?
Yes but marginally larger - not so one would notice.

40/11.13 - 41/11.45.

It’s the lugs which appealed to me - and the syringe hands - and the lume - and the dials - the 5320 has more 3D numerals than the 5172 and dots at the 5 minute markers so the 5320 face is more 3D.

The. 5172 is almost black not blue as it sometimes appears to be. It is classic PP in design heritage. It keeps amazingly good time and can be set to the second unlike the 5320. It has a depth to the mechanism which is great to admire. It is a watch one can wear with jeans or a suit. I wouldn’t describe it as a dress watch but one can tart it up with a croc strap. I tried that and it looked a bit too flash. The strap it comes with is understated smart casual. It talks the watch down.

The 5320 Perp Cal is so discrete it could be a Timex and unless one is aware of its antecedents it looks like an old watch which makes it a very private joy to wear. I like the brown croc strap which is a bit military and looks all the world as if it was bought from an antique shop so does not attract attention.

I wear them turn and turn around and don’t find they get any eye ball attention. Perfection.

ALS - sadly not in the running IMO.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote