View Single Post
Old 9 July 2021, 07:24 AM   #3
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7 View Post
Hello, i am new here and i have this 18038 Day-Date with president bracelet from the South America(?) and i want to ad one more link to this bracelet. Is it possible to do it because this doesn't have any screws?
I don't own a President bracelet, so this comment is only based on what I have read.... but it seems like the previous owner removed all the links with screws and left the bracelet with only the fixed links. You see this sometimes with oyster bracelets as well if people have tiny wrists. You will likely need a skilled watchmaker to add back in that first "normal" link which will have a screw on it, then from there you could add additional screw-attached links yourself. But I'm guessing the first one will need to be installed by using the special tool to separate your current last link. The other thing to keep in mind is that not all links are the same width. Sometimes there is taper after the removable links so depending on how many were removed you may end up with a "step" between links versus a smooth transition.

tl;dr - I'd be seeking a Rolex AD or a good watchmaker at this point for next steps.
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote