View Single Post
Old 9 May 2009, 10:06 PM   #85
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by argee1977 View Post
Don't we all

I say the same thing when people go on about 'investments' and 'deposit box watches', i just wish that i could see a watch i like and go and buy it for the MRSP, just like everything else in life, it really grates me seeing the likes of the 26k and the 28 coming out and being snapped up, then seeing them sit in grey dealers windows at twice the MRSP, i know it's the way Panerai want to do things, to create a desire and a premium for their watches, but for guys like me who struggle to pay the MRSP it just annoys me seeing the damn things ending up as some kind of investment or present to the ADs big customers
Its worth what someone is prepared to pay for it ...... Stocks,cars,"luxury" watches....and dare I say it,even property !!! ( Hello bankers !!! ).

Now your very own 233 is "protected" in value by desirability,price increases and lowish numbers.Used value a bit down due to mismanagement of some sectors of the financial and economic world,but as the recession eases,so will the used value increase.

BUT,I argee,sorry....agree .. ,with the fact that 28s and 26s end up directly in grey market dealers "cheap" shelves.Thats unfortuanate.I also agree that being able to buy the likes of eg. a 127 at MRSP.That would be wonderful.Now we get to what is paid on the secondary market again !!! Lower,but still high.

TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote