View Single Post
Old 11 July 2021, 02:17 PM   #41
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
Car and Driver:

“ The Defender is also available with a 3.0-liter inline-six. Along with turbocharging, the upgraded engine utilizes an electric supercharger and 48-volt hybrid system.”

The Drive:

“ Powertrain: 3.0-liter twincharged (turbo+electric supercharger) mild-hybrid inline-six “

KBB Reviews:

“ As an X-Dynamic S model, the 2021 Defender 90 is powered by a mild hybrid powertrain featuring a turbocharged and electric supercharged 3.0-liter inline-6 that puts out 395 horsepower.”

Consumer Guide:

“ The new six is a supercharged and turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six paired with a 48-volt mild hybrid system.”

2:30 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJHG1V_LB6Q

etc, etc, etc, …………………..

Might wanna check your googler search engine thingy.
Thanks for this. Didn’t want to dig up all the details which was something I discovered when I was considering the vehicle.
It’s electric but still puzzling how an engine that’s supposed to be built for durability and extreme off-road use has a combination of three different systems.
I wouldn’t want to be caught in the Sahara with a unit that has over 100k miles on it, meanwhile I wouldn’t flinch at taking a ten year old Land Cruiser to cross from north to south of continents.

My 4Runner is a dinosaur with medium power and basic interior but it has an arsenal of off-road tools and nothing will break. I’ve learned to appreciate its simplicity, a lot.

But nothing tops a G Wagon it can off-road, fairly reliable, great interior and timeless.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote