View Single Post
Old 12 July 2021, 06:15 PM   #13
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
i have wanted an ellipse for awhile. The larger ones 5738 dont seem to sell, but also dont seem to discount well, but maybe im not bargaining. Im looking for the R version. Very low volume seller. You may notice that they may not keep value at all if bought at MSRP. the other issue I hear, is that the strap is very proprietary if you need it changed.
Thank you very much for these points. I didn’t know that about the strap, but it does make complete sense. I bet that strap easily gets worn out if the watch is worn regularly. As far as bargaining, my SA told me no wiggle room these days…but still surprised, even for such a low seller?? Maybe I didn’t bargain as needed, because you’re correct about the big difference between AD and grey market, which is also new unworn pieces.
My SA did make an important point in that buying such a piece can help with application pieces. The thing is, I don’t know how much that impacts me since I don’t see myself as an ‘application piece’ type of collector. Regardless, your points are very helpful to me now, so thank you again.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote