Thread: Patek Loupe
View Single Post
Old 16 July 2021, 03:33 PM   #18
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Sharing my story as I think it's one of the best I have ever experienced in any boutique or AD. In my first visit to Geneva years ago, I dropped by the Patek Salon and was checking out a few chronographs and annual calendar pieces. The sales associate was so friendly and welcoming. He shared a lot of his own background, which includes he used to be a watchmaker working in the Patek factory. And after more than 10 years in that role he wanted to learn more about the business hence he decided to come to the salon to have more face time with customers. He showed us the building, including sections that were appointment only for VIPs. The 4th floor of the Patek Salon is a classically decorated meeting area and has a great view to the lake outside, an awesome way to appreciate the fountain Jet d'Eau. After spending about about an hour and a half, before we left he handed us a bag of "stuffs". And then pulling them out of the bag one by one. First it was the loupe, then a leather pouch for storing a watch that has a pin buckle. Then a sealed copy of the full catalog for the year in English. Lastly, 2 free Patek museum admission tickets. I was like, hey I didn't even make a purchase and this is far beyond what I expected when I first walked into the salon. While I did come back in a few days to purchase one of the pieces I looked at, that experience was one of the most memorable in my watch collecting career.

So, maybe you just have to pay a visit to one of the salons :)
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote